Linus Bike is looking for a capable, customer-focused Sales Keyholder to fill a position at our flagship showroom in Venice, CA. The job will be a part-time hourly position offering a great opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing city-centric cycling brands around.
We are a small team with a big mission: quality, elegant bicycles and accessories designed to transform the way people get around. We believe bicycles are the simple solution to big problems -- improving our quality of life, the environment, and enabling a more connected city experience. All applicants should be inspired by this mission and possess the below qualifications.
A minimum of 1-2 years experience working in any customer-facing retail environment is required. Bike industry experience and mechanical skills are NOTrequired. Customer service and sales qualifications are most important. Successful candidates should actively ride and own a bicycle for transportation or recreation, and should have an interest in building their cycling knowledge and community engagement
We Are Looking For:
- A passion for the possibilities of cycling. Your care about building inclusive community within cycling and engaging new cyclists.
- Integrity and honesty in every interaction. When alone, you make the right decisions and are accountable to the results.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. You will frequently collaborate on company projects with internal and external teams, always representing the brand in a professional manner.
- Ability to work within a team and to lead one. Along with your coworkers, you are part of a whole, and your daily conduct is mindful of others.
- Strong sales and customer service skills. You care about guiding the customer to the best possible products for their particular needs, ready to empathize with their concerns and find productive solutions should any issues arise.
- Familiarity with KPIs and other financial performance metrics.
- Proficiency with computer systems and some e-commerce. We use: Lightspeed POS, TradeGecko, Shopify, & Office Suite, among others.
- Strong problem solving abilities. If there's no one around to ask, you will work hard to create a solution.
- Professional, reliable, and flexible. You are punctual, positive, and ready to adapt on the go.
- Must be able to safely & regularly lift 50 lbs. (You will assist in unloading shipments, moving bikes, and storing product.)
- Able to regularly work 8 hour shifts on Friday / Saturday / Sunday.
- Lead by example with best-in-class customer service practices
- Engage all customers with a positive attitude and a focus on sales
- Consistently meet KPI targets & overall sales goals
- Operate the POS for all transaction types, including e-comm fulfillment
- Communicate with customers by phone and email as needed
- Open and close the store, including cash handling, daily cleaning, and other day-to-day store maintenance
- Other tasks as required
Pay rate is $15 to $16 per hour, depending on experience and other qualifications. If you feel that you are our ideal candidate and are inspired by what we do, please send your resume and cover letter through Indeed. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in cycling are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time